Saturday, July 31, 2010

Seriously?!?!?!

So, not like earth-shattering news or anything, but we got the house. NBD.



Are you kidding me?! That's HUGE NEWS.... WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!! (insert girl hysteria noise here).


Because of that, I've been up all hours cleaning out our former house in Stockton. I say former because today I officially moved out. Moved out as in no longer living there, not as in turned in the keys. J.D. left for Arizona today because his job starts Monday. We packed our little hearts out until nearly 2 a.m. this morning. Then today I stayed behind and packed some more stragglers and cleaned up a bit. He's flying back later next week and we'll finish cleaning then hand over the keys to our landlord and drive down to AZ to move into our new rental!!!!


For the time being Woodstock and I are at my parents' house.


As far as work goes, I'm newly unemployed. That's very frightening, but there are affordable insurance plans I could buy. And I do have some leads on jobs.


As originally planned, I'm still going to go and get fingerprinted so I can be a substitute teacher (hopefully for English or French classes) in Phoenix. Then I'm going to write freelance articles for a few sports/fitness magazines/blogs in the area. I also signed up to tutor English, math, history and French with a private company. And I'm hoping to work some games on Arizona State's event staff. So maybe volleyball, basketball and when the season comes baseball/softball.


Plenty of things to keep me busy until I find a full-time paying job! Provided any of these options pan out, that is.


And knee update. The move up and down stairs is KILLING my knee. It's so swollen and painful. I'm taking some advice and seeing a chiropractor on Monday, because guess what, I'm insurance-free right now :-\ so scary with how much I'm sick/injured.


Hopefully it doesn't last long.....


I guess I'm going to pick up biking tomorrow as my form of exercise since running is clearly out of the cards for me right now. I'm also really excited about moving to Phoenix because they have tons of Lululemon stores down there which means yoga classes!!!


Just thought you'd all like a quick update on my life :) Now back to insurance and job hunting!


xx ♥


14 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you'd be fine - you deserve to get the house of your dreams :) (Or the rental property of your dreams for the next little period of your life). I hope you christen it with an absolutely delicious dessert! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Monique!! That is so exciting, I'm very glad everything worked out so perfectly for you both :) You must be itching to get moved in!
    I hope your knee gets the memo to cooperate soon, too. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRARULATIONS!!! That's such amazing news!! And hopefully everything else works out just fine. Maybe not having full time work right now is a blessing in disguise- you'll hgaqve plenty of time to make your new house exactly how you want it to be! and lucky you with the Lululemon! Gahhhh it's safe to say I'm a tad bit jealous. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the house!! So exciting! I love the girl hysteria noise. Lol
    I'm very sad for your knee :( I hope it gets better.
    Good luck with job and insurnace hunting! Scary but exciting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA!!!! Congrats on the house! One big obstacle down!

    Enjoy the rest of the day... maybe take a break from job hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Congrats on the new home :)

    And yay for all new opportunities coming your way, I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! So glad you got the house you liked! Can't wait to see more pics. Continued good wishes for your knee, and for finding insurance options. If you need any advice, feel free to ask, it's something I happen to know a little bit about :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. CCCCCCCOONNNNNNGRRRATTTSS.

    Sorry about the knee though. Ice it in your NEW HHHHOOOOUSEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GIRL! That is fabulous! What a weight off your chest, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting the house! How exciting! Good luck with everything until you get settled!!! I hope your knee is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I hope everything is going well for you both. The job situation is definitely scary but will work out. Update me when you have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Monique! Just found your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more! I'm training for my first race (a 5K) and it seems like you know how to rock those, so I hope to come here to find inspiration for my training.

    Congrats on the new house! Very exciting to have place of your own. Also, best of the luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete