Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Randomness

...Get it, because I used a random generator to determine who won my Gracie's Gear running top?!



Well, it's also Monday Randomness because Amy from Second City Randomness won the giveaway! Congrats, girlie!! Send your info to me (shesgoingdistance@gmail.com) and it will make its way into your mailbox :)



Thanks everyone for entering the giveaway! If you didn't win and still wanted to get at a piece of that top, you can find it in my shop. Lucky for you, it also comes in a pretty blue color:



Now on to my day of leftovers...


The morning started off with another piece of that hideous waffle and a cornucopia of fruits. Can I even say cornucopia if it's still summer? I guess fall's nearing closer and closer. So it was day two of ugly waffle smothered in frozen berries and their thawed juices, a slice of watermelon, grapes and the end of the butchered mango.



Enjoyed next to a cup of chocolate soymilk. I usually indulge in chocolate soy lattes if I have the time in the mornings, but it's just too hot for that here. Maybe I'll venture into the world of the iced latte, but to me, coffee tastes stronger when it's iced. Is that weird? Note the stemless martini glass. Move over Carrie, that's how I roll in the mornings.



Then the DirecTV guy came and finished up his job that was left partially completed last week, while Woodstock and I played catch in the backyard. After running around and doing errands, lunchtime came and went and I still hadn't showered. Yikes, I need a job.


More leftovers! Recognize this?



And yes, that's leftover orange mangosteen tea! I'm all out of my yummy Archer Farm's fruit teas. I think a trip to Target is in my future!


Dinner consisted of, big surprise, leftovers. We had two spinach chicken sausages left in the freezer and I wanted ravioli so J.D. got creative. He mixed up his tomato sauce, cooked the sausages and then threw them in. They went on top of spinach and mozzarella ravioli with a side of steamed broccoli and spinach. Wow, lots of spinach for one day. I hope I'm not green for tomorrow's interview.



The disaster of the meal, however, was the evening's beverage. We opened up a white bottle of wine given to us from J.D.'s parents. I nearly spat it out when I realized it was a SWEET DESSERT WINE. I am not a fan of ports or sweet wines. So that was upsetting to me. I dumped it into the sink and cracked open a Pilsner Urquell to go with my dinner instead.


After dinner we rolled up our sleeves -- once the sun set of course -- and washed our cars! Seriously, driving mine today was like reliving the Dust Bowl. I couldn't see out the windshield. Not the impression I want to make before my interview tomorrow. Despite the lack of sun, it was still pretty frickin' hot. I got super disgustingly sweaty during our 30 minute two-car wash and a trip to YOGURTLAND was very much in order. Much to my content, they had a new, awesome flavor: passion fruit lemonade. Deeee-lish.


I leave you now with some images of the beginnings of my bathroom décor. It mirrors the brown/teal scheme of our bedroom, but with a FRENCH bathroom-y beach feel. Thank you, Wal-Mart!



Good night, my loves! xx


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE that passion fruit lemonade flavor! I hope they keep it around for a while.

    Good luck at your interview tomorrow! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't turn green, you'll just be liek Pop-Eye the Sailor Man ;) Good luck with the interview tomorrow! If you start feeling nervous, just think about how you have access to Yogurtland every single day whereas I have no frozen yogurt within a billion mile radius. I"m sure that will make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm....passion fruit lemonade fro-yo? I want that NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you, lady!

    I am like you with wine preferences- I like white wine dry, like a good chardonnay. I can't stand sweet table or dessert wine. It never sits well with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seen her winning? Nice grammar Tiffany, edit....seen her win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gives with Amy winning all of these contests??!! JK....kinda, it's the second one I've seen her winning in the past two days :)

    Yogurtland sounds like a land I want to live in! That meal JD made looks frickin sweet. Wrong word, sorry, it looks great! Sucks about the wine though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, you almost spat it out! pretty beachy pics! yay for amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You now have my in the mood for a big tub of frozen yogurt :) and possibly to wash my car- but then again it did get a nice dirty rain wash yesterday :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your interview went well today and that you were not rockin' any shades of green!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. mm of course i recognize your yummy leftovers!! damn that breakfast is killing me tho, how can u call it ugly hehe ITS SO DELICIOUS LOOKING TO ME <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah...not a fan of dessert wine. i can have port once in a while but in very small doses.

    good luck with your interview!! :)

    (oh - and i think you're right: coffee flavor does seem stronger when it's iced. i wonder why that is....?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayy for Amy!

    Love the bathroom decor - it is so very typically French of you! :) Sorry I have been so MIA, but guess what, I am done with school for 2 weeks. Yayy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on all of your posts. Sounds like things are going well so far, even if it's ridiculously hot down there.

    Two problems with this post. One, sweet white wines are my favorite! I'm disappointed. Two, WALMART? Come on Monique, don't support that kind of business!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the site, it looks wonderful. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to check often

    ReplyDelete
  15. The site looks so good - I haven't visited here in over a week and I feel like I've missed out! Good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  16. really I genuinely as with your current blog spot preserve finest included in the specify I will most likely pop in couple of greater a number of best time to see a number of much more belief per ton.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great I genuinely akin to your own web-site keep right included in the tidings I will indeed pop in a number of greater request to see a number of even more deserve an ton.

    ReplyDelete