Ingredients
- 2 c roasted peanuts
- 1 c chocolate chunks/chips
- 3 T almond oil
- splash of raspberry extract
The preparation is very similar to that of regular peanut butter. While the peanuts roasted at 350° for 12 minutes, I pulsed the chocolate chunks in my food processor (and tried not to eat chunks straight out of the bag...).
If you're going to follow this step, at least wait for the peanuts to cool before processing them with the chocolate! I couldn't wait, so my hot peanuts melted the chocolate :) It made for a nice, gooey mess. Then in went the almond oil and raspberry extract to keep the peanut butter from hardening into some sort of peanut fudge. Unless you like peanut fudge...
I haven't been able to stop eating this stuff! It goes on waffles, in sandwiches, on toast and oh yeah, in an awesome smoothie I can't wait to make again.
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
- 2 T chocolate raspberry peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1/2 c frozen raspberries
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries
- 1 c nonfat milk
- 1/2 T chia seeds
- 1 small squirt of no sugar added chocolate syrup
- ice cubes and/or water to thin/thicken it out
But yeah, this peanut butter is ah-mazing! Go, make it now. I will need to replenish my supply again soon!




I really want to make my own nut butter. I think my food processor is no good. It never gets liquidy. Yours looks yummy though.
ReplyDeletegahhhh! The nut butter looks awesome. I love those chocolate chunks- they're way better than traditional chips.
ReplyDeleteOMG YUM! :mrgreen: My favorite starbucks drink (not that I can have coffee any more...*sigs*) is a Raspberry Whtie Chocolate Mocha. I get excited just thinking about it. I so love the chocolate/rapberry combo and with peanut butter? um yeah.
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing, I love fresh nut butter but I've yet to make it myself!
ReplyDeleteHOLY MOLY. This looks even better than I expected! Sadly I've never seen raspberry extract here in Australia, but I can certainly make chocolate peanut butter anyway :)
ReplyDeleteOh this sounds amazing! I wish I didn't have class in 30 minutes so I could run home and try it!!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fun recipe! I'm a nutella addict. I don't buy it very often because it hardly lasts a few days.
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteLarge follower of this site, a handful of your blogposts have definitely helped me out. Looking towards improvements!
ReplyDeleteYuuuuuuuuuuum!
ReplyDelete