Ladies and Gentlemen, in honor of SHARK WEEK, I bring you memories from college:
For the record: I didn’t just drink in college. I did make Dean’s List all but two quarters ;)
I also regret my hair/fashion choices circa 2006. The puka shells were a nice touch. I remember wearing red for the occasion though…
Woodstock’s Pizza (no, my dog is NOT named after the restaurant) in Isla Vista and off the campus of UC Santa Barbara used to do a special tribute for Shark Week. At the beginning of August, the place would be adorned with large inflatable hanging sharks, red streamers, big screen TVs playing Discovery Channel 24/7, and of course, $2 “Blood Buds”. Amazing.
I think the campus of UCSB had some weird infatuation with shark. Must be due to the overarching surfer culture prevalent on our little beach college. During welcome week, the first meal they served us in the dorms was shark. I opted for the pasta and salad bar instead. Looking back, I think that was a smart choice.
Seeing as how I haven’t been to the IV Woodstock’s since 2007, does anyone happen to know if Shark Week happy hour is still going on?! :)
Happy watching!
No comments:
Post a Comment