Last night J.D. and I had sort of impromptu celebratory tapas dinner downtown.
Why??
Oh it's no big deal really, except WE'RE MOVING HERE IN TWO WEEKS!!!

(Source)
Yep, he got and accepted the job at the NCAA radio Internet company in Arizona. Now it's on me to find a new job as well, especially since I turned in my two weeks' notice today.
So back to the food.
We started off with a crostini sampler that included a bleu cheese-apple-bacon bite, honey-fig-goat cheese and finally, avocado-tomato-shrimp. All that was paired next to a caprese salad split by two. Our third shared plate was a heaping pile of fried calamari and marinara sauce. Obviously devoured before photographed :)
While the lighting was not conducive to photography, we devoured a chocolate raspberry brandy torte. It was slathered in marshmallow cream. Oh my goodness!!!
A glass of Blue Moon (for him) and pinot grigio (for me) topped off the evening. And there may or may not have been a trip to frozen yogurt later. I'm just saying.
The party (in my mouth) continued into the morning. I'd been craving an egg breakfast sandwich, but haven't been waking up early enough to make one before work. Today was the perfect day, since I had time to kill before Woodstock's final post-neutering check-up. He's healing juuust fine by the way!
My smiley face breakfast consisted of a whole wheat bagel thin, fried egg, Canadian bacon, almond pesto and spinach. I also enjoyed a freshly-cut pineapple, Tuscan melon and cherries.
Now there is a lot to do in the next few weeks. So just to prepare you in advance, I'm going to be stressed/all over the place/MIA. Now you're ready :) I can't believe I'm going to be a resident of a state other than California for the first time in 25 years!!!
Anyone in Arizona want to be my friend?? How about get me a job in sports??? :) Kthanksbye.



OMG!!! No way, that's awesome! Congrats to JD and to you for moving! I bet you'll find a job soon! I can't believe you're moving away from me again but I swear I talk to you more when you don't live in California - how the hell does that happen? Yay pen pals again!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE ARIZONA. My grandma lives there...I'll let you know when I roll into the A-Z.
ReplyDeleteArizona! How exciting! Good luck with the move... and the job hunt! (a job in the sports field around here would be my dream job, too!)
ReplyDeleteOmg congrats!!! This is so exciting! Although moving can be kind of a pain you will be there and settled before you know it :)
ReplyDeleteArizona is BEAUTIFUL! Best of luck with everything, and I am super happy for you :D Life is so awesome! I love the smiley breakfast, by the way. What a sweet way to start your day!
ReplyDeleteMeg
omg that torte!!! pinot grigio is my favorite wine too. good luck with the move :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you both on the big move! How exciting!! Good luck with the job hunt!
ReplyDeletecongrats and good luck on your move! i wish i could help you in Arizona...if you're ever in Australia though, i'm your girl :)
ReplyDeleteHooray! Too bad it's not Texas...
ReplyDeleteawww congrats to your hubs on getting the job!!!! that's so exciting :) and az is going to be so much fun!
ReplyDeleteyou'll find a job in no time girl :) in the mean time your job should be to continue to utilize pesto like a champ
Yay!! Moving is so exciting. Moving from Michigan to Dallas was the best thing hubby and I ever did. Want to take a road trip and have a blogger meetup?? ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to JD!!! Hoe exciting for you both :)
ReplyDeleteWow, a new state! Congrats to JD on the new job and to both of you on the move! So are you going to be closer to or further away from your family now?
ReplyDeleteDamn you and your good looking food! Where in AZ are you moving to? I used to live in Phoenix and may know some people in the sports industry depending on what you're looking for--let me know!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Cangratulations to you both, a hundred times over!! May there be many more chocolate desserts in your Arizonian (?) future! :)
ReplyDeleteThese small bites of bread and cheese or veggies or eggs is my favourite type of food I think. I could live eating only tapas!
ReplyDeleteI love Arizona! My hubby loves going down for spring training. We may go down two Septembers from now. :) Meet up? It's a ways out, but I would be up for it!
ReplyDeleteLUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg and so soon too!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Your breakfast looked like a delicious smiling pirate. I love it!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Arizona! I sort of like complete changes in scenery! I hope it treats you right!
Fig, goat cheese, and honey is the holy trinity of tapas, let me tell you...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the move! That food looks great!
ReplyDeleteAHHHH CONGRATULATIONS! I adore tapas more then anything. My favorite: calamari (not fried) followed by paella. YUM!
ReplyDeleteWhere in Arizona are you moving??
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your husband and good luck with the gob search!
What a happy breakfast! Good news on him getting the job, how exciting! Is it just me or is everyone in blogland moving...Kath, Caitlin, Emily and now you!
ReplyDeleteHow excited to be moving in 2 weeks and the husband getting a job! I am sure you will find a job in no time :-)
ReplyDeleteOMG you are moving to AZ?! That is so awesome!! I may even go out there this year because I have family in Tuscon! Woot-woot. I see a meet up in our future!
ReplyDeleteSorry I have been so MIA. This Spanish class? KILLING me. Like, seriously.
Congratulations!!! I'll be your friend! Except, I'm in Alabama..:/ It still starts with an A, though...so it counts, right?? :)
ReplyDelete