...to oatmeal apparently. Oatmeal for a meal is no longer enough for me. I have to bathe in the stuff -- literally. Last night I took a bath with a cup of finely-ground oats.
Because I sort of look like this:

Alright, maybe not that bad, but it's pretty bad. I've got gnarly rashes alllll over my body, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) not to scratch, I'm missing work and I slept from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. today. Because....
I'm allergic to the antibiotics I've been taking to manage my bronchitis. I don't know why all this crazy stuff happens to me, but it does.
So since I don't want to leave you with gross images of that in your head anymore, here's what I've been up to since the 4th.
On the 5th, J.D. went to a conference in San Francisco for his work and I hung out with my parents during the day. We took the puppies on a walk at the high school cross country trail near my parents' house. Woodstock kept up and ran with me!
We selected a Singapore restaurant where I had coconut fried rice with tiger prawns. I pretty much ate this entire bowl.
Then yesterday more of the usual. I went to work for a day, while J.D. finished up the conference. Since he took BART into the City, I made plans to pick him up after work. We met after work and my parents also came along, grabbed some burgers and then caught the 7:30 p.m. showing of Knight and Day. I thought it was a pretty cute movie :) Took my mind off itching at least.
For dinner I had a teriyaki ELK burger with sweet potato fries. Last time we ate at Fuddrucker's, I had a bison burger I believe. At some point, I'm ready to try the ostrich!
Polished it off with two cupcakes split amongst four people. J.D. carried them back from SF -- almost an hour on BART! We sampled chocolate-covered strawberry (left) and mango (right) cupcakes. While they were incredibly sweet, they were also incredibly tasty!
I promise to resume to regular blogging when this clears up. Until then, oatmeal will be reserved for my baths alone. And if you've noticed, Woody's cone is off! So at least he's doing well now :)
Boo about the rash! And the sickness still! Are you sure you're not falling apart? I'm concerned...
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon!
Ostrich burgers are yummy! I have, in fact, tried one. I think I prefer bison, thought. :)
ReplyDeleteI swear I eat oatmeal every day. It's an addiction problem, and your first step is admitting it :)
ReplyDeleteEEK! Hope all this bad stuff is happening now and you are healthy for the rest of the yr. I want all of the food you talked about.....like now. I will pay for your mom to overnight me some Croque Madames, just saying :)
ReplyDeleteLoving the doggies getting their cardio in!
I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well! Rashes are the WORST! I hope that you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI have to say, that breakfast your mom made looks amazing! Wowza!
I'm so sorry you had a reaction! Quick question, is it a sulfa-based antibiotic? It's actually pretty common in causing hives as a reaction, but they tend to be cheaper so doctors try to prescribe it until they know you have a reaction.
ReplyDeleteI thought I saw you post a picture of amoxicilin... which is penicilin based - also not fun!
Hope you get that worked out soon! I had bronchitis for two months earlier this year and it really does take forever to get rid of. Call me if you need anything, k??
I am so sorry to hear about your rash! That is no fun at all. I hate being itchy. Oh and those cupcakes. Wow!
ReplyDeleteThe last time I went to Fuddruckers, I ordered the bison burger and sweet potato fries, as well. I ordered a second side of fruit and shared the whole thing with my sister. I did try an elk sandwich at Cabela's once. I love game meat!
ReplyDeleteThat sandwich the egg on it look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been MIA from your blog...confused about the move. I'll make sure to update my blogroll!
Sorry to hear you're not well. At least you had cupcakes though!
ReplyDeleteTerrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!
ReplyDeleteWow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article
ReplyDeletenice post. thanks.
ReplyDeleteit was very interesting to read.
ReplyDeleteI want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?
it was very interesting to read www.shesgoingdistance.com
ReplyDeleteI want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?
I would like to exchange links with your site www.shesgoingdistance.com
ReplyDeleteIs this possible?
Aloha!
ReplyDeleteadipex ,
Very nice site! is it yours too
ReplyDeleteSorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.
ReplyDelete