I'm pretty excited for a number of reasons today. First, I'm back on the blog world. But I told you it'd be sparse, so I'll be back and forth until we're living in a house in Arizona. Haven't signed a rental agreement yet, however...
My second reason for excitement is the announcement of my Open Sky Shop! Open Sky is such a cool concept. If you're unfamiliar with the service it provides, check out its About Page. Basically I'm going to provide you with links to items I talk about and love, so you can find and buy them on my site directly! This is also going to include give-aways... with one coming up pretty soon :) I was sent a runner's tank top to try out, but it unfortunately doesn't fit me, I think my chest is too big for their sizing :( Nevertheless, it's still a neat product, so stay tuned for that one. Though, I don't think I'll be kicking that off until I move.
Tentatively, my shop is set to open August 10, so keep checking back for the grand unveiling! And also, go learn about Open Sky and all the neat people already using it (like NLF Linebacker Shaun Phillips)!!
Ok exciting item No. 3, my last day of work is FRIDAY. I don't know if this is exciting or not. I'm excited for a change in scenery and the chance to try something new. I'm not excited about being unemployed. I've been scouring the Internet for sports jobs down in Phoenix and have literally sent my resume to over 40 companies. But then again, if it doesn't work out, I'm still seriously considering getting my master's in French Comparative Literature and being a TA for undergrad French classes.
Because our big move is so quickly approaching, J.D. and I made the 12-hour trek down to Arizona last weekend in search of housing.
We saw some neat things:
Closets big enough for cartwheels... Are you shocked that J.D. has more clothes than I do and claimed the walk-in closet for himself?!
Some weird things:
Apartment washer/dryer tucked away in a garage crevice.
Backyard putting green!
Received free baseball tickets:
DARN YOU DIAMONDBACKS FOR TRADING MY FAVORITE PLAYER THE DAY AFTER WE LEFT!!! Now I won't get to see Danny Haren play in Arizona when I move there :(
We ate breakfast at a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives (video about Over Easy's feature on the show):
Caramel iced coffee with a splash of lowfat milk... one of the few times I haven't drank nonfat milk.
J.D.'s Reese's Pieces pancakes! Oh man those were good... I may have snuck several bites :)
My egg white, spinach, asparagus and ham custom omelet!
Overall we have a good idea of where we want to live. We picked out five houses, two almost perfect for us. The top two, however, have already been applied for. So on to the next in line, I suppose. We hope to hear back by the end of the week!!!!
Wish us luck :) We'll need it with all the packing to be done this week...
I'm also trying to get creative with meals. We can't really buy anything new, since we're trying to clean out the fridge/freezer. So last night I opened up some frozen eggplant cutlets, plopped them atop whole wheat spaghetti and made my own marinara sauce with frozen veggies and ripped up some mozzarella balls. It was kind of tasty for being a weird amalgamation of items :)
Thanks again for all your well-wishings on the move and also my new short hair! It's going to be so much easier to care for in the desert. I would know, since it was 108ยบ the final day of house hunting.
I ♥ you people!!
Gotta love apartment hunting... but it doesn't look like it's stressing you out! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I think reese's pieces pancakes are the best idea of all time... I need to start seeking out some DDD spots. I've only ever eaten at a couple that were featured on Man vs. Food.
I secretly like it when I get low on groceries and have to be creative. It's kind of like Iron Chef or something! :D Your dish looks amazing...I would eat it anyway. Good luck packing and planning the move and such!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I totally agree with Shawnee! I feel the same way when I'm trying to clear out the pantry/fridge! (At this point, Brian usually tries to offersto get us take-out...)
ReplyDeleteoooh what fun you have had!!!! My favourite rugby player just moved to a new club ...NOT HAPPY! :*(
ReplyDeleteYou're aliiiive! I'm really diggin that omelet! Good luck with packing and moving. Don't forget to label your boxes! Before we bought our house, we moved every 6 months. I'm quite the expert packer/mover now!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the moving and house buying! And definitely awesome that you're opening an Open Sky shop. Can't wait to see what you're offering :) the houses you've looked at so far are absolutely gorgeous. And I've gotta hand it to you - that looks like a seriously amazing meal for someone in the middle of moving!
ReplyDeleteSHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Reese's pancakes?!?! I have died and gone to heaven!!
ReplyDeleteReese's Pieces Pancakes?! Omigod, how is it that I don't live in the US! Pain and suffering! :P
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the house - fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!
A couple things...
ReplyDelete1) I know you weren't too excited about the hair, but i think it looks super cute :-)
2) wtf is up with that trade? that came out of nowhere, and I am not too sure what I think about it.
3) Good luck with the house search!!!
WOW, to echo everyone else, the Reese's pancakes sound AMAZING. Might have to whip some of those up myself they sound so good! Not sure how I feel about the Danny Haren trade either. Do you know that I still do a double take every time I hear Johnny Damon and Tigers mentioned in the same sentence? Haven't gotten used to that yet and it's been a while!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with getting a house and then moving! I hate packing, so I'm sending you lots of positive vibes to get it done.
OH MY GOD
ReplyDeleteI can't stop smiling after looking at those pancakes. And now my stomach is growling, weird lol
Looks like a fabulous time, I love your top @ the baseball game, never heard of Over Easy (but most stop there next time I go to Phoenix) and am jealous of all the good eats youre going to enjoy. What area are you thinking of moving to?
That homemade sauce looks SO delicious! And those pancakes? Ugh - peanut butter and chocolate in the morning is sinfully yummy. Sending you good vibes and good luck on your move!
ReplyDeleteI saw open sky on another blog and had no idea what it was. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteGood luck apartment hunting!!
i could live in ur closet!!! haha <3
ReplyDeleteHah, my boyfriend also has more clothes than I do and would claim the walk in closet too if we had one :D
ReplyDeleteI feel ya with the heat thing. I have adjusted to the So cal / desert heat now. I saw 87 on the forecast today and thought "hmmm cool enough to wear jeans" hahaha Good luck girly!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping your housing search works out! Hopefully you get one that you want!!!
ReplyDeleteBreakfast looks great...I would have stolen bites of those pancakes too!
I think you could make them really easily ;) they also had M&Ms and chocolate chip pancakes... but you know... not as exciting as Reese's :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow that's so intense!!!! Any moving tips?? :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the housing search! I think the craziest thing I have ever seen was this weird little shed that was painted like a doll house. haha.
ReplyDeleteGreat intro to OpenSky post! We're excited to be a part of connecting your readers with products you love. Let the sharing begin (August 10th) !
ReplyDeleteP.S. Those pancakes do look pretty tasty. We don't blame you for sneaking a bite!