If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time -- any of the three I've used since 2007 that is! -- you know how much of a mess I can be! So I'm going to preface this with a little bit of a throwback: Senior Mosts.

Remember in high school yearbooks how there was always that "Senior Mosts" section?? I wish I had a copy of mine to scan and post here for you all. But, I was voted Biggest Klutz/Spazz in high school. And you could have certainly guessed that yesterday.
Feeling extra motivated to get in some cross training since I hadn't ran in quite a while, I made sure to prepare/eat dinner extra early before Woodstock's puppy training class at PetSmart. Which by the way, he only has one more left before his final exam and graduation :) By the time class was over, I knew I'd have close to an hour of sunlight -- plenty of time to get in a good bike ride! I even set a bike date with a friend to ensure I wouldn't skip it.
Except, I haven't used my bike in almost a year now. And my front tire is completely out of air. Within the first five minutes of taking it out, I knew it sounded rubbery and squeaky and the tire was to blame. So instead, I figured I'd wing it and ride to the closest 7-11 to pump it full of air. Self-conscious of the hideous sound it made the entire way. But, when I arrived at 7-11, the AIR PUMP WAS OUT OF ORDER!!! So now here I am two miles from home with a bike that barely moves and not much sun remaining.
So guess what I did?
Yep, I took my bike for a run. I tried to jog my bike back home, holding the handlebars and running to the side. Which trust me, didn't last very long. It was more like interval training really ;) Or, like I'm practicing to make a bobsled team or something. I've gotten really good at the side push, if anyone's looking for a bobsled pusher.
Anyways, I reached my house 20 minutes later and felt completely destroyed. No more sun meant no more working out outside for me. And then it hit me: AT&T's On Demand section has workouts!
Luckily for me, this month they're previewing Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. I've heard plenty of people brag about how awesome it is online, so I gave it a go. I tried one of her kickboxing-inspired videos On Demand before and loved how I felt after. However, I do find her pretty intense, intimidating and actually kinda creepy.
But the woman knows her stuff!! I was utterly exhausted after only 30 minutes of hardcore workouts. She constantly stresses no let up and by the end, I was grateful for the break.
The 30-Day Shred is definitely something I'm going to be looking into in the future!
I mean, look how sweaty and gross I was after??? I cheated in having a ton of water before this picture :)
And now I'm going to backpedal a bit here. Back to last night's dinner! I set to work making all the fixings for a mini buffet bar thing.
Oh yeah, I INHALED some more of that banana bread, slathered in cream cheese this morning along with an iced roobios vanilla latte. Home made coffee house meals are the best :)
Were you voted something crazy by your peers in your senior yearbook?? :)
I leave you, now, with something obvious.
I would think running your bike 2 miles home would be a pretty good workout. I am toying with the 30 Day Shred as well. The carnitas look fantastic. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I was actually voted "most likely to run for president".
ReplyDeleteClearly I screwed that one up somewhere in my college career.
People probably want a revote.
The shred is definitely a good work out! I do have to say, two miles home with the bike was a decent work out too!!
ReplyDeleteI was JUST at Costco this weekend and forgot to look for those sorbet cups! UGH! That just means I'll have to give my mom a call to look for them!
I'd vote for you :)
ReplyDeletehaha this post made me laugh! In high school I was voted most likely to live somewhere international later in life... I guess I'm off to a good start!
ReplyDeleteNice on being voted biggest Klutz! It's nothing to be ashamed of :D All through grade school my nickname was "Ditz" of course, it doesnt help me last name it so close to that ;) We must embrace our spazziness!
ReplyDeletehehe, thanks for the lovely soundtrack to your post again ;)
ReplyDeletebummer about the bike ride! that's totally something that would happen to me, too, though - no worries! murphy always has a way of sticking around, you know? ;)
i can nose-dive up stairs like nobody's business, if it makes you feel any better. and i am about salivating at the thought of the coconut sorbet. holy YUM!
I'm so glad all these other klutzs are coming out of the woodwork :)
ReplyDeleteLove that fiesta salad!! YUM!!!
ReplyDeletei was "most likely to live on a far-away island wearing hemp clothing" thanks class of 2007.. haha lol
ReplyDeleteDon't worry! I got voted ditziest cheerleader. (I've grown up since then thankyouverymuch) Hm, sounds like my bike situation. It's been sitting in the garage and I have no idea what sort of shape it's in.
ReplyDeletebiggest klutz/spazz!! you're my twin! if we had superlatives, i would have gotten that too :)
ReplyDeleteHoly Mexican fiesta batman! That just looks like a party on a plate and I want VIP to that!!
ReplyDeleteGosh, even though it's winter here I would love those sorbets!! I'd have to make them myself, though, seeing as there's no Costco her.e.. and I'm far too lazy right now ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty klutzy too, no worries. I have to be really careful when I eat because I usually end up dropping food all over myself. Shout wipes and stain sticks are my best friends!
ReplyDeleteI also really loved the bike story! When I was on Mackinac a couple weeks ago we rented bikes and biked around the island. the bikes, despite being brand new, were a little difficult to control, and I ended up losing control of mine, running into another lady on a bike and falling over. Both of us. Super embarrassing, super klutzy, and another funny biking story :)
I am a HUGE fiesta/taco salad fan. Yours looks fantastic!
So funny that you posted this today, I was just thinking about my "Senior Mosts" page! I was voted "Most Likely to be in a Music Video!" (as a singer, not, like a backup dancer or anything like that!!)
ReplyDeleteI can definitely be a bit clumsy too sometimes - oops! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my God I already lusted over those cups but now they have PASSION FRUIT?! Need. To. Go. To. Costco. Now.
ReplyDeleteI actually thought I was allergic to passion fruit for years (I had a juice blend that gave me hives) but then my Brazilian friend made passion fruit mousse that looked too intensely amazing not to try so I did and I was hive-less! And my life has subsequently been way better cause there has been passion fruit in it :D