Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tiny puppies love tiny bananas!

They do! See?


My little 11-pound Woodstock was curious at this banana sized just for him!! We went grocery shopping last night -- finally!!! -- at Raley's and when I spotted a bunch of mini bananas grouped in the basket of regular-sized ones, how could I not buy them?!??!?! I only snagged two because J.D. wanted five very green bananas :) so we came back with the equivalent of six really.

Now I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but I've been bitching sad about not having a Whole Foods around, even though we do have a Trader Joe's. However, two aisles in Raley's are dedicated to "organic, natural" foods and it's almost like being in Whole Foods!! They have vita tops there, coconut water, bagel thins, Annie's crackers, really ANYTHING you'd want in a WF! I didn't go too crazy there, however. Since we're 100 percent unsure of where we'll be living on Aug. 1, we're trying to use up foods in the pantry and buy week-by-week or less.

After a very productive trip to the grocery store, we rushed home to make dinner at close to 8 p.m. I really wanted to make our game hen with that citrus basil recipe I found earlier this week, but alas, the hen wasn't fit for consumption any longer. Instead, we grilled chicken cutlets (without a BBQ!!!) in the same citrus basil marinade along with some quinoa and salad.

J.D. was so proud of his grill marks :) And the citrus marinade was so simple! It was light, tangy and delicious :) After dinner, Woodstock was still going nuts! He was biting everything he wasn't supposed to be, including us. So we decided to take him for an evening stroll. Knowing it was going to be a challenge, due to the fact that he hates walking with us unless there's another dog along, Woody surpassed our expectations! He practically RAN the entire time. We went on a mile-ish walk with him and he barked playfully at every person, car and dog that passed by. He even tried chasing cars down the street... little punk!

Since it was still a warm night, I was up for a cold beverage after the walk. My mom found this at Marshall's the other day and I had to have it!

Tazo Vanilla Roobios Tea Latte! Oh man, guys! It tasted kind of like an iced chai :) I just poured some of the mix over ice with some water and milk and it hit the spot! I'm going to continue making this stuff and will be pretty sad when it's gone. Also, notice my new tumbler I got at Bed, Bath & Beyond?? :)

After my drink, I loaded up on my meds and FINALLY SLEPT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE DAYS!!! And it was glorious. This morning's meal is where that mini palm-sized banana comes into play.

I treated my irritated throat to a cool smoothie and a bagel thin. On top of the whole wheat bagel I mixed almond and peanut butter, with mini banana and some raspberries.

And it was delicious! On a sad note, the mango berry smoothie broke my blender. But that's ok because it's dirty and gross. And it had no power anyways. So the exciting news here is that we're going shopping for a new one this afternoon!! Any suggestions?!?! After, the puppy gets to go to the doggie park :)

And then.... laundry awaits, again. Dang laundry, it's always taunting me.

Or I could pull a repeat of what I've been doing all week long:

And eat junk and watch movies :)

Last night's selection ended up being Edge of Love streamed on Netflix through PS3. It was a toss up between that and The Constant Gardner. So maybe that's in store for this evening...? Speaking of Edge of Love, did you know Keira Knightley actually SINGS in the movie? And she does it well (even if it's audio-enhanced). I adore her, she's so cute. And my age, which is crazy to me.



What's your favorite thing to eat when watching movies?? I don't usually like Dots, but we had some that needed to be finished. But I looooooove those Pop-Secret 100 calorie bags of KETTLE CORN! Oh yum.

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE popcorn! Really. I'm jealous of the movies and the snacks. I was just saying how great it would be to sit on the couch in my pjs and watch a few movies in a row....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same tumbler from BB&B! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky. There isn't a Whole Foods store within 400 miles of me, and certainly no Trader Joe's in my entire state!

    My closest access to organic food is Walmart, and even that is very limited. I have to travel an hour away for anything considered "specialty."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try that tea because I loove chai! And kettle corn: YES. Have you ever tried it from TJ's? Soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling over all of the food, it all looks amazing! It sounds like you're feeling better and I'm so glad to hear that.

    I am also a big fan of the 100 calorie popcorn bags. It's the perfect amount, and only 100 calories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep! Insomnia is one of the worst feelings out there - it makes you feel so hopeless and desperate, which is NEVER fun.

    However, I do have to pull you up on *one* thing... you have Trader Joe's! AND Whole Foods IN YOUR COUNTRY! Spare a thought for those of us who've experienced the Whole Foods Magic and now have to live a 30 hour flight away *sob* :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg im going to steal your dog!! LOL ... sigh... cuteness alert!

    smoothie and a begl combo sounds extraordinary! that'll fill up the belly YUM YUM

    im loving the bananas in this post! seriously one of the most amazing fruits since its multi-seasonal <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, then make the long flight and store everything up in a GIGANTIC suitcase :) hahaha, if you need a place to stay, let me know ;) there's a WF about 45 mins north of my place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright then, I totally take that back!!! In all fairness though, Wal-Mart did have some pretty specialized things at ours I haven't been able to find anywhere else!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Whole Foods, but no Trader Joe's. I'm not sure which situation I'd rather be in, but I think the moral of the story is that I need to move to where there are both!
    Ps- Your puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Failure Weapon,season cash promise small herself you today tour factor properly each introduction when baby street brain married treaty get true judge cost council clear channel criticism lawyer die bone phase lay by cover search class ancient offence it science notice achieve pay lord neither quickly to apart sum effective generation substantial series positive content statement hall stage bedroom scene leave reality effectively enable accept rural withdraw side apply young task actually programme emerge connection improvement line application therefore tool this edge earth perhaps manager natural knee plastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello There
    Your article has added good value to your site. myself say this because to me personally myself find it good. Maybe to some one else its not but to me you did good. thankz for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello You
    thank you pal! this is so cool!! yea!!!
    What do you know about block?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey
    Good stuff, It might just work, although it seems easier when you have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hows It Going
    Well this kind of information is really worth searching for, nice information for readers and a value for you as will definitely show teh quality of teh writer. Its nice to have these kinds of articles around to keep teh information flow steady. Helping those who really can make things right in teh future, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked over your site and it looks really good. Do you ever do link exchanges on your site roll? If you do, Id like to exchange links with you. Let me know if youre interested.
    Laters

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey myself came across your page by luck on ask while hunting for something totally irrelevant but myself am very glad that myself did, You have just captured yourself another subscriber.
    Laters

    ReplyDelete
  18. my homie am excited already as my homie know you always have pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great overall site! Can you tell me how to eliminate spam on mine?
    Would you be interested in exchanging site roll

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello There
    Excellent ideas here, have emailed my mum so expect a big reply!!
    Please email me if you are interested

    ReplyDelete