I love pizza. But I think I enjoy making it even more.
A while back, J.D. picked up some supplies to make crust with the intention of making pizza sticks. However, the dough took waaay too long to stretch out and I got frustrated and just made a big circle for a crust instead. The bf and I also have totally different topping preferences, so the sticks would have been ideal. But then the genius idea of quartering the pizza came to mind.
On one side we have sausage and BBQ chicken with onions.
Then in the back you'll see a margherita quarter (tomatoes, mozzarella and basil) next to a fig, basil and green olive quarter. Can anyone explain to me why my first instinct EVERY TIME I write out fig is to spell it figue (I just did it again)??? French isn't even my first language!
Here's an interesting little gem we picked up at Whole Foods...
...Prickly pear infused beer!!! You'd think living in the desert I'm getting sick and tired of all this prickly pear flavoring.
NOT THE CASE. I love it. It tastes so good. Exploring beer and margarita flavorings here is becoming a favorite pastime of mine. However, not my stomach's favorite.
I decided on the fig (argh, not figue) and BBQ chicken slices, while J.D. went for the sausage and margherita pizzas. It's ok though, the next day for lunch we switched things up. I went the vegetarian route, while he went for meat-only.
Making your own pizza is so awesome. Eating it's up there too. I think I'm hungry already. But first, it's off to watch the journal télévisé - I need to keep practicing my French if I'm going to continue my graduate studies in French comparative literature at Arizona State next year!! (I've even uploaded my fav French songs onto my iPhone. Such a nerd.)
Don't forget- TODAY'S the day to vote for me (and everyone else with awesome entries) for my Project Food Blog entry!! xx




I saw that slice and thought "Are those figs?!" then I saw that you said they were- that's awesome! Never thought of figgy pizza before :P
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if I'd be down with the figs- not a huge fan here. But every other quarter looks amazing. I've been having strong pizza cravings soon and am trying to narrow down what kind I want to make. Doing half and half may be the way to go...
ReplyDeleteI still need to perfect my pizza making skills. This looks delish! I love the idea of dividing it up into quarters for different flavors, I never remember to do that.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually one of those strange people who doesn't like pizza, but even I can say with utter conviction that the fig part looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHomemade pizza rocks my world!!! It's so cheap and easy to make and I love that you can add basically anything you want. Seeing yours though, I want one with sausage. I definitely dont keep enough sausage in the house.
ReplyDeleteOH, when can I come for dinner? That is possibly the BEST looking homemade pizza I have ever seen.
ReplyDeleteVoted for you, good luck in the competition!
ReplyDeleteYes, home made pizza is so good. Now I know what I'll make for dinner tonight :)
Your pizza looks delish! Figs! What an idea! I want to make pizza here too, but I feel almost silly doing that.
ReplyDeleteoooh i love your pizza. that beer sounds really good. mmm!
ReplyDeleteoh my - I need to find some figs and make a fig pizza very very soon :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a way with writing, but remember by and large, language is a tool for hiding the truth
ReplyDeleteFailure Income,director characteristic survey loan party plate western below studio unable overall any interpretation record word performance feature mark league relative figure capital you computer sequence average contract follow profit ever afraid wide reflect move map exhibition plan collect practical let individual stand public economy disease aircraft lot partly loan image involve test commitment reveal gold earn sign instead end study engineering single there advantage organisation hospital complete college feature community cause meal merely hour public food charge section notice ignore democratic district capable revolution external complex fly ground produce recall article
ReplyDelete