Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm Eight Again :)

I keep seeing commercials for a DVD that just came out this week.

And it takes me back to when I was eight years old and LOVED BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

(Source)

Seriously, I went crazy for this movie. I think I watched the VHS so much, it skipped in parts where the tape got messed up. I had a Beauty and the Beast sleeping bag, I think a tent, stickers, wall posters, you name it. I had it.

(I was even Belle for Halloween one year)

And now that the DVD is out and I don't have any Disney VHS tapes from my childhood (or the capability to play any of them), I kind of want this movie.

I might buy it and watch it soon :) ....Or steal it off the Internet....

What's your favorite Disney movie?

15 comments:

  1. i loved beauty and the beast too but the little mermaid was my favorite! i used to cross my legs in the pool and pretend i was ariel! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little mermaid and sleeping beauty kind of girl. I even made my mom get me Sleeping Beauty for Christmas- like last year. I heart it that much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand that feeling. And now that we are thinking about kids -- I got thinking about what kinds of movies I want for them! hahahaha So I started asking for various Disney dvds for Christmas. My dad likes getting them for me once they re-release :) check amazon tho, they have great prices on either "used like new" or new from a second hand seller. I love it. I made a comprehensive list of all disney movies, let me know if you want a copy :) I feel like a loser, but it's okay! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly can't answer this... I know almost EVERY Disney lyric by heart! (And Dreamworks... have a soft spot for Anastasia!) But Beauty and the Beast is one of the greats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Thanks for the reminder to get my copy of the beauty and the beast DVD. That was my favorite movie as a little kid and definitely still in my top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I had the Beauty and the Beast handheld game. I remember it being pink I believe and super hard, but I loved it. I was a Little Mermaid and Lady and the Tramp fan too.

    You looked super cute in your costume! My question though is how crazy cute is that troll costume? It cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know what little girl didnt love Beauty and the Beast. But my favorite is tied between Aladdin and Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who is that cute girl in the troll costume? HAHA I put the mask on last night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was scared by the Beast and refused to watch the movie again for a looooooong time, haha. And Sleeping Beauty has and will always be my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing the commercials for the DVD and am contemplating buying it, ummm I'm almost 31. That was my favorite Disney movie!

    PS-Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so cute, hahaha. Lovely picture :D I wish we would celebrate Halloween here like you americans do.

    I loved Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the halloween pic! For some reason the fall always makes me really nostalgic! It reminds me so much of when I was little, going on walk in my neighborhood at home, jumping in piles of leaves, halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally had the Beauty and the Beast Mirror and the Barbie. lol My fave though was the Little Mermaid. As an adult, I would probably have to say my fave is Mulan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh mine was the Lion King - or Aladdin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwe weren't you a cute Belle :) I like Beauty and the Beat, too and I remember my mom wanting me to watch it in French because she bought it while she was there. Not as good as in English, though. ;)

    My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King- I still get choked up when Mufassa dies!

    ReplyDelete