Now that I'm back in California I've had a lot to be thankful for over the past week! For starters, my parents were in Arizona for the entire week and I was busy busy busy running around and exploring with them :)
We went to the top floor of a resort in Scottsdale and had awesome valley views...
...and then sampled wines, meats and cheeses.
We hiked mountains in Phoenix...
...with Woodstock.
I made my first Thanksgiving dinner spread for four...
...that included pumpkin crème brûlée for dessert!
On Black Friday we went horseback riding...
...where we saw a crapton of cacti (and a coyote that I failed to visibly capture).
Ate at two restaurants featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives...
...one of which was a German beer haus for lunch after riding horsies.
(I couldn't finish mine)
And then drove through SNOW in the mountains back to California!! It was the first snow I've seen in probably years :) It even stuck to my hand!
Now I'm back home and enjoying cool weather, family and more laziness! I hope you all had a great holiday! I am now completely fixated on Christmas -- my favorite holiday of the entire year!











Haha, love that picture of your dad with the beer :) Looks like you are having a great time in Cali! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThe snow is beautiful! Sometimes I forget that CA gets snow :)
ReplyDeletelooks like a GREAT time!! and I love seeing Cutie Woodstock! ;)
ReplyDeletewe got to spend the weekend with THREE dachshunds... my Basil + my mom's Jake & Elwood... so fun to see THREE running around! :D
onward to Christmas!! *Happy Holidays*
I love that you went to not one, but TWO, of Guy Fieri's stops! [Almost as awesome as going where Adam Richman has gone...]
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day! I've been yearning to go horseriding for months now... but it's unlikely, seeing as the last time I did I was 13!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I'd love to horseback through the desert like that. And eating at DDD restaurants must have been cool!
ReplyDeleteNow that beer is what I'm talking about!!! The Phoenix skyline takes my breath away all the time. Especially when you are heading west from Scottsdale right near Papago Park. Go Woodstock!! Glad to hear you made the trip back home safely.
ReplyDeleteYou're going back to Cali to cool off, but I'm going back to thaw out! Looks like a great trip with the fam.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like SUCH a fabulous holiday. Especially the horseback riding - I haven't done that in forever.
ReplyDelete[...] remember I raved about the pumpkin crème brûlée we had for Thanksgiving (not to toot my own horn, but this was pretty dang good). It was creamy, thick and tasted like a [...]
ReplyDelete