I would quote Katy Perry.
I know I'm crazy slow/behind on this, but I've been majorly busy this past week. School's ending so my tutoring hours are up and the Dbacks are in the middle of a pretty big homestand, which means lots of hours on my part.
And it's hard to believe that April is GONE already! It feels like it was just my birthday yesterday... or three weeks ago. As quickly as that came and went, my sister and her boyfriend paid a visit to Arizona and we hung out for a long weekend. Doing a lot of this:
and also some of this on the side:
I'll spare you the gory details, but know that I am on a bit of a booze detox as we speak ;) Oh, the baseball is still raging though, seeing as how that's my job and all!
It just so worked out that my sister planned her flight home the same day I was considering going home for Easter! We took the same flight home and I had a few days to hang out with old friends and family. You know I spent my first night in the Bay Area attending an Oakland A's baseball game.
Then on Wednesday, I kept in contact with Courtney (Pancakes and Postcards) and we finally met up! It made sense seeing as how she just moved to San Francisco and I've called its suburbs home for the past 25 years.
We met up at La Mar Cebicheria, an interesting Peruvian restaurant on Pier 1.5. Due to a lack of planning on our part -- seriously though, how is anything in a big city closed after 6 p.m. on a weekday?! -- we had to settle for seating at the bar area. What's funny is how much we have in common, from where our families grew up to living abroad, to hating to take pictures of our food and only doing so with an iPhone. It was awesome and reminded me of how much I still miss California.
In case you're wondering, I had the ensalada tiradito, which consisted of the following: thinly sliced Tombo Tuna with mixed greens, green papaya, cilantro, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fried wontons and onions with a sesame passionfruit vinaigrette. Although my liver wasn't adventurous enough to try a the house Pisco sour, Courtney was. I opted for a milder, chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc instead.
On Thursday, my travels took me to the South Bay where I had lunch at the Apple headquarters in Cupertino and then met up with a friend in San Jose. I'll start with Apple: that place is amazing and efficient I'd imagine. The lunch buffet was fresh and varied, but more importantly, delicious. I guess it pays to keep your employees happy and healthy over a long period of time, doesn't it?! ;)
Salad bar and fresh-squeezed fruit and veggie juice, so good!
Oh and now I am the proud new owner of a pretty phone case à la Kate Spade.
Apple is pretty close to where one of my friends lives so we met up and hung out for a few hours in San Jose until my dad could pick me up and take me home after work. We headed straight to Santana Row for -- you guessed it -- cocktails (and lunch for Brian). After a quick stop at a Mexican restaurant, it was off to this cute little wine bar where I found myself ordering champagne cocktails. A great idea if you ask me!!
Then in the tradition of our friendship, we took silly pictures in stores. No this was not alcohol-induced; we'd done this many times during work lunches when I still lived in Stockton. Now you know a little more about how odd I am :)
Killing our last hour of time to end the day, we snuck around on the Winchester Mystery House grounds and took a "free" tour. Brian had never been before, and I think I went back when I was in Girl Scouts. It's pretty freakin' weird/creepy. I mean, the residence of any woman who's possessed enough to believe that continually adding on to her mansion so the haunted ghosts don't kill her but dies anyways sounds like a great museum/tourist attraction, right?! (Read here if I just sparked your curiosity). Plus, it's got a door to nowhere and I think that's neat:
There, now you're all caught up to my infamous first wine tasting trip to Sonoma :) Easter was spent up in the Sacramento area with family, stuffing our faces and looking for money-stuffed plastic eggs! Until the early evening, when I had to fly back to Arizona.
It was a much-needed break to go home and visit with friends and family! I can't wait until my next trip home... Hopefully there'll be some of that familiar California sun next time. Although, the 80-90 degree weather here in Arizona sure makes up for my week of rain and fog :)













No comments:
Post a Comment