This week's French Friday features a very famous American actor, speaking French. I know I'm slow with this, as everyone and their mom has already commented about it. I even Tweeted it awhile back.
Generally, I'm not not a huge fan of Bradley Cooper. He's played a-holes in most of his roles and I didn't even like the Hangover. BUT, now that I know he's fluent in French, I'm kind of in love. See for yourself:
Bradley Cooper : la coqueluche de Hollywood sur le plateau de TF1 Vidéo jt_tf1_20h sélectionnée dans Actualité
This comes from one of my favorite French news stations, TF1. I linked my favorite sites for watching French news in my last post, so here they are again: FRANCE24 | BFMTV | iTele | TF1
From the interview, we learn that Cooper learned French in college when he studied abroad in Provence and stayed with a family who only spoke French.
What most impresses me is his intonation. I find that French is a hard language to speak. Not so much pronunciation and accent, but as far as intonation is concerned (if you're curious, you can read more about it). While he does botch a bit of the grammar, I am impressed because he speaks quickly, understands most of what she is asking and his intonation is impeccable for an American speaker.
Even if you don't speak French, I think you should still watch it! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment