Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After over 30 job interviews, nearly five months of unemployment and dwindling savings accounts (not to mention the borderline depression and laziness that took over my life here in Arizona), I GOT A JOB AND ACCEPTED IT!!!!!!!

You'll remember I was offered a job in Nevada that seemed like a great job, except I had strong reservations about moving out of state again, away from my bf and puppy. Well, this job is in Arizona! I get to stay at home.... and commute... ewww. But it'll be worth it. Here are a few hints :)


I.am.beyond.frickin.excited!!! It's been my dream, ever since high school, maybe longer, to work for a Major League Baseball team!!!!!!! I can't can't can't can't wait. But I'm going to have to, because the position doesn't start until Spring Training reports to the Cactus League in February. And it is only a seasonal position. But who knows, this gets my foot in the door and might help me find something long term down the road :) Anyways, in the meantime I'm still working college basketball games, tutoring students in the area and I believe in December I'm going to start subbing French classes at a local high school! So many opportunities have come my way this month. For that I am grateful.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I know mine will be :)

20 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! This was the first thing that popped up on my google reader. I hope you have something awesome planned in celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. The MLB! That's beyond exciting and will definitely help you after the season. Of course, as a Padres fan, I'm a little disappointed that you're working for the D-backs, but what else could one expect with you living in AZ?

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha it's ok, I'm an Oakland A's fan myself! (Boo Giants!!!). But this is a big year because the D-backs are hosting the All-Star game this season! So many awesome opportunities and people/celebrities to meet there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is AWESOME!! I'm so glad you held out for a job that would be a good fit for you and keep you close to your loved ones. You've definitely earned it. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAY !! congrats girl!! :D so excited for you!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! That's so freakin' exciting! And I'm a tish jealous! How cool is that??? Have a great Thanksgiving celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS! that's great news! Enjoy your thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh!!! Congrats!!! Just in time for the Holidays! But congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! That's super exciting (and something to be seriously thankful for)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!!!! I'm very happy for you :) :) have a VERY happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! So excited for you. Especially since it sounds like it's your dream job! I just got a part-time job that I'm super excited about the other day too. Yayy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, what's your part-time job?? Congrats on that to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and glad that things worked out. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations times a million, billion, squillion!! I KNEW that if you jsut waited and stayed strong, you'd find somethign perfect for you!

    Amazing, girl! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, knowing that you stayed true to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so frickin excited for you---that is an amazing opportunity!!!! Many congrats--its a Thanksgiving miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations, that is sooo awesome!!!! even though you had to wait, how worth it was it to get your DREAM job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! That is so great Monique!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATULATIONS, MONIQUE!!! Ahhh that's so freaking exciting!!! :D:D

    ReplyDelete