Before I get into the good stuff (booze), I have to tell you about this show J.D. loves called Drinking Made Easy. It's a pretty neat show and it's based loosely off Zane Lamprey's earlier show, Three Sheets. Three Sheets is actually the show that sparked my desire to one day travel to Belize :)
We all know I'm a sucker for travel, so why not throw in some interesting alcohol facts and recipes, right?! Well, when Drinking Made Easy hit Portland, Ore., the illusive avocado daiquiri caught my eye.
And it was only a matter of time before I put my own spin on it.
Ingredients:
- 4 oz mango rum (original recipe calls for 4 oz light & gold rum)
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1/4 medium-ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 oz skim milk
- 1 1/2 c ice
Directions:
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As weird as it sounds, I really enjoyed this cocktail! It was creamy and fruity and refreshing. I think it would be a lot bolder without the mango rum, and will definitely have to try it again. Although I had to work during the night of Cinco de Mayo (and I'm French, remember?! I shouldn't even have to acknowledge that "holiday") I'd definitely make these again to "catch up". Or for any occasion, really.
Enjoy! Oh and...
To summarize, two posts ago I said I was going on an alcohol detox, didn't I...?! Oops :)



No comments:
Post a Comment