Every week in 2011, for 52-straight weeks, I hope to try something new and blog about it here. This is the 28th post in the series, when I attended my first All-Star Game. Here you can find a list of all my weekly adventures thus far.
As an avid sports fan – baseball especially – two of my nerdiest dreams are to visit every ballpark and attend an All-Star Game.
Thus far I’ve been to the Oakland A’s, San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels… of Anaheim, Arizona Diamondbacks, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox and New York Mets stadiums. Ten is a far cry from all 30 ;)
But last week I was finally able to catch the MLB All-Star FanFest, Futures Game, Celebrity Softball Game, Home Run Derby and of course the actual All-Star Game here in Phoenix. I put in close to a 60-hour week when all was said and done! But it was soooooo awesome. I’m so glad I was able to enjoy it while working, but I’m also glad it’s behind us. I’ve been desperately trying to catch up on sleep and decent eating habits since then, but somehow failing significantly.
Once the team hits the road next week, I’m guessing things will get back to normal for me… two weeks before grad school starts.
Since I am exhausted and starving, I’ll leave you with pictures from last week!
FanFest
Futures/Celebrity Softball Games
Home Run Derby
All-Star Game
Oh yeah… and the Cee-lo Green concert they threw :) He was awesome. So much so, I purchased his album.
(The quality wasn’t all that great, but I was close!)
Did you watch the game?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment