So guess what I discovered at Kaiser today?? I have bronchitis. BOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't think I've ever had it before. Luckily since my cold was nearly two weeks ago -- and the cough has lingered -- I'm in the early stages of acute bronchitis. The positive to take away here is that I am no longer annoyingly coughing, there's a diagnosis and I've been given a prescription now.
After my hour and a half jaunt at the doctor's, my throat hurt from all the coughing. Armed with my new meds, I needed food to wash it down.
You know what I'm going to say, don't you?? I ordered a nonfat frozen chai from Starbuck's ;)
I returned home just in time for dinner... and our weekday dinner plans had already been made in advance! I bought so much fun stuff at Trader Joe's (shocking) that we agreed on trying it all each day of the week. On the menu for tonight's meal was home-made orange chicken sort of like in a stir fry bowl. I bedded mine with brown rice and tossed in edamame, green beans, broccoli and some almonds.
P.S. Trader Joe's orange chicken is DELICIOUS!!! It's much healthier than the Panda Express orange chicken. I did use the chopsticks for a bit, but the edamame proved tricky so I eventually opted for a fork. Usually whenever we go out for Asian food, hot tea is always served out of cute little kettles. I was feeling in the mood -- and so was my throat! -- for some green tea. Enter my giant box 'o tea. From France (also, shocking, right??).
After dinner and getting owned by Jeopardy! (usually it's the other way around, guys!!!) my throat still bugged me. Despite amoxicillin. Despite Robitussin. Despite Halls cough drops. What's Monique's remedy then??
That's right.... frozen yogurt!! I mixed a little bit of blueberry, pomegranate and tart yogurt together and adorned them with dark chocolate chips, blueberries and kiwi at the yogurt shop. When I got home I dumped in the remainder of yesterday's mango. It's a surprise I'm not orange after all the mango I've been eating today!
And that's all she wrote, folks. Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep now that the dog is accustomed to his cone and I'm on cough meds. (Yeah right....)
What's your favorite fro-yo flavor and topping combination?? I looove anything fruity, tart and dark chocolate-y.





Oh my gosh I haven't had frozen yogurt in forever. Sorry to hear you have bronchitis. No fun at all. Hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog! Sorry to hear that you have bronchitis. That's nasty stuff. Good call on the frozen yogurt for your throat!
ReplyDeleteI still crave Panda Express Orange chicken...and I've been a vegetarian for years! I hope you start to feel better soon sweet girl. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you have bronchitis! Take care of yourself (and drink plenty of frozen chai)!
ReplyDeleteI am of two minds when it comes to Fro-Yo. I either go the tart, fruity route (my fav is cocount fro-yo with mango, kiwi, pineapple, and coconut flakes) or something totally decadent (PB or coffee fro-yo with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, brownie pieces, cookie dough, etc etc).
Oh, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon :( Except I have NO PITY when it comes to the fact that you get froyo and Starbucks frozen chais. For that, I'd even accept pneumonia. Poo-bum Australia! (Yes, I'm 23, why do you ask? :P)
ReplyDeleteoh no, bronchitis is no fun! Feel better! - Vicky @ vdubb.wordpress.com
ReplyDeletethe coffee and Rx might not be the best combo haha but you can get free internet at SBucks from now on! Hope you feel better; I am terribly sorry to hear the news
ReplyDeleteKatherine
So sorry about the bronchitis! That's not fun at all, but Starbucks looks like it would be a perfect thing to help feel better!!
ReplyDeleteI love orange chicken...yum! I'm going to have to try that in the future!
Bronchitis? Nooo!! Well at least you know now what has been causing the sickness and now have a fast way to cure it. I hope you feel better soon girlie!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteEverything you own is from France! I am jealous, that tea can is so cute! My favorite fro-yo topping is SPRINKLES. So yum, don't care that they are all sugar lol!
Dude- fro-yo makes everything better! So I hope it works for you (and I'm sure the meds won't hurt... he he)
ReplyDeleteMy fav ice cream topping is definitely either oreo or peanut butter cups with hot fudge. Nothing healthy about my frozen treats...
I hope you feel better soon! Boo to bronchitis, but at least you are on the path to getting better now.
ReplyDeleteFeel better! Chocolate chips ALWAYS make me feel better - and I LOVE them on raspberry yogurt. My favorite topping? Undeniably banana. I LOVE banana chocolate chip ice cream, a weird one, but I'm ok with it :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. Feel better soon. I'm sure the Starbucks helped! ;) I tried kiwi in vanilla fro yo a few weeks ago and cannot stop thinking about it. It's an amazing combination.
ReplyDeletebummer about the diagnosis, but at the same time - glad that's all it is and you have a diagnosis. and are on the mend!
ReplyDeletei'd say you're remedy is the best, though ;) hope you get a good sleep finally!
Oh no re the bronchitis :( Hope you feel better soon! Sending lots of speedy recovery vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteI hate bronchitis. I had it freshman year of college. It is good that you are getting help for it. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon dear!
ReplyDeleteIs it weird that I have never had fro-yo at a ice cream type store before?! I like full fat things. haha.
Thanks :) I don't know if I just wasn't very lucky, but we NEVER found any frozen yogurt places in the Midwest. Now, you have ice cream places (duh) and some of those have fro-yo, but we never found a place with just softserve machines and build your own toppings! It was tragic.
ReplyDelete