Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sometimes it just takes a restless dog

I'm happy to report that I actually RAN this morning. But it wasn't a one-person effort.

Not only did J.D. remind me that I had to get up and run, but Woodstock wouldn't sleep all night. He woke up around 5:30 this morning and kept waking me up periodically until 6:45 a.m. At that point, I'd had enough and decided just to go out and run already!

So thank you, Woodstock. This is only like my third morning run in the last two years. Impressive, right?

After the run, I poured myself a filled-to-the-brim glass of water, pounded it down, and then refilled it again. It went with my bowl of Blueberry Smart Start that I jazzed up with one of my favorite things of all time: white peaches and craisins.

Yeah, I stole that Oakland A's glass from a bar. I have a matching set. It's a bad habit. I'm not trying to quit.

Also if you're wondering about my co-dependence for crêpes and why I didn't have one for breakfast this morning, you've brought up a sore subject and maybe I'm shedding a few tears again. So thank you. No, but seriously, I'm an idiot and was soooo excited to eat my crêpe last night that I forgot to both clean up but also cover the leftovers and put them in the fridge. Bye bye, tower of 12 extra crêpes.

It's probably for the best anyways, since I probably would have found a way to eat them all before 4 p.m. today. Then I would have felt sick and disgusting before my party tonight. Good call, forgetful past Monique.

And now, I'm going to demolish the leftover Indian food at my desk.

Do you usually workout in the morning or evenings? And do you bring leftovers to work/class, or do you prefer to go out for meals?

Enjoy your afternoons, everyone! xx ♥

6 comments:

  1. Good job on going on your run...

    I usually work out in the morning and there are some rare occasions where I will bring leftovers to work. Especially when I make my chilli, it is yummy!

    have fun at your party

    ReplyDelete
  2. I workout usually in the morning. Otherwise, it will not happen.

    I thought that glass of water was beer for a minute. Ha.

    I love leftover Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WISH it was beer :) hahaha funny, considering I stole that glass from a bar. Hope you're having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I way prefer to workout (I literally just wrote drink, haha) in the morning. Geez, thank goodness it's Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you admitted to origination of the glass. Hilarious. All my brother's "nice glassware" is aquired the same way. I think it's pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working out in the morning - less time to debate whether or not I really want to go :)

    ReplyDelete