Monday, June 14, 2010

Last day in California!

You knew I couldn't go a day without posting, didn't you??

I'm not sure what tomorrow has in store because we'll be leaving for the San Francisco airport around 5 a.m. tomorrow morning. We'll land in Omaha around 5 p.m. and then hop in a rental car to Kansas City, Mo., where I'm hoping we'll be in the hotel by 8 p.m. So really, it should only be 6 p.m. in California, right??

Anyways, some bar in the Power & Lights District is holding a World Cup Wine Tasting event that includes six different South African wines paired with six appetizers for about $35/person. I don't care HOW TIRED we are, we're making it to this event.

Since I've been cleaning out my fridge I don't have any exciting food photos to share today. But I do have some running news to share.

I certainly plan on registering for the 2010 MLB All-Star 5K race held in Anaheim on July 11. A few people from the Big West Conference office will also be partaking in the race I believe. Hopefully my sister, Aimée, will sign up with me! We were talking about driving down for a few days and taking in all the All-Star Game festivities without actually shelling out the $250+ it costs to get into Angel Stadium for that game. Oh well.

I'm just dreading the six-hour drive before and after the race. Hopefully there will be a lot of beach-going to be had to make up for the drive!

If you live in Southern California, come do this race with us!!!!

Runners: Do you have any fun races coming up???

6 comments:

  1. Yay running! Go girl.
    I don't really consider myself a runner.

    BUT I am a wine drinker, and I think that wine event sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wine tasting sounds awesome! And the 5k sounds just as fun... well maybe not quite! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. You live the coolest life ever. World Cup Wine Tasting, MLB 5k. I am moving out to CA and moving in with you!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey we have an extra room :) need a dog sitter from time to time hahah!! Have a great day, girlie!

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning on running a 10k in October in Astoria, OR, which goes over the Astoria bridge (It's huge, google it if you have a chance). I am trying to come up with a couple 5ks to do in between then. My hubby and I toyed with doing the Disneyland 5k, but the cost of travel and everything would just be too much. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete