Again, I failed to reach my goal of waking up early and running today. Last night I went to bed around 1:30 a.m. (our last game finished around 12 a.m.) and set my alarm for 7:45 a.m. I planned on working out for around 45 minutes to an hour in order to grab some free hotel breakfast before it closed down at 9 a.m. Instead, I continued to hit snooze until it was my turn to shower at 10:30 a.m. No storms to report today, so that's good news.
Sleep was wonderful. I'm still feeling slightly sick, but on the upswing.
This morning we headed out for some touristy time in Omaha's Downtown Market area. We decided to keep lunch light with Subway. I opted to try their new orchard chicken salad sandwich on wheat. The only other items I put on my sandwich were spinach, bell peppers, cucumbers and olives. No cheese, no sauce. It was decent. My usual order is a 6" turkey on wheat with Swiss cheese, but I'd switch it up again for this sandwich.
On the side I tried the new Baked Lay's, Parmesan Tuscan Herb. Again, pretty good, but I couldn't finish. To drink I had about a half a cup of Fuze green tea with a touch of honey.
We walked around the Omaha Market for a bit, getting lost in all the fervor and excitement this city has for college baseball. One of the stores even had a chalk bracket being updated on the window near its front entrance. People here love themselves some college baseball. Nearly everyone we walked by was sporting some kind of team-affiliated gear.
Then before heading back to the stadium for Game 7 (ASU vs. South Carolina) at 3:30 p.m., we grabbed a quick cup of ice cream at Maggie Moo's. J.D. had the nastiest combination I've ever tasted in my life (which he loved, btw): mango sorbet with peanut butter sauce drizzled on top. I opted for a mix of cocoa amaretto and lowfat vanilla ice cream with bits of Heath bar. It was heavenly. I could only eat 3/4 of it.
It is elimination day again and after yesterday's loss Florida went home, so I decided to wander the Fan Fest area in hopes of scoring some reduced priced gear. I snagged some good buys though -- for my family, awww.
Today is our last day here at the College World Series and we have two total games to work. After this current one, dinner is slated to be chili dogs. No worries, I won't be taking pictures of that mess. I'm glad this is the last day eating here, it's been so good, yet so bad for me. We fly out tomorrow at 7 p.m., so we'll have one more half day of sightseeing here in the Midwest. If you're curious about seeing all the pictures I've snapped and haven't included in this blog, check out my Facebook album from this week.
When I return home, there are two consecutive 5Ks I'm thinking about running. One in Lodi this weekend -- maybe not a great idea since I'm still sick, but I could use it as training instead of actual competition -- and one near my parents' house on the 4th of July.
What do you think, should I run in both??? Because guess what, half marathon training begins next MONDAY!!!!! I still haven't yet picked one because I'm waiting to see if we will be moving in the next month or not. As soon as I know, I'm signing up for one! :) Oh and the next time I blog here, I'll be back in California! ♥





Have safe travels home! And yea for half training! I'm loving it so far! It's a time suck, but it's been awesome!
ReplyDeleteI tried the subway chicken salad. It was ok. Pretty fresh tasting though. I usually get the 6 inch sweet onion chicken Teriyaki. Yum.
ReplyDeleteI say RUN IT!! I'm training for my first half too :) It's exciting, but I'm giving myself lots o time so I don't fall on my face--literally.
ReplyDeleteThose chips look delicious. I should get on that.
I say a marathon a day.
ReplyDeleteI play, I play.
That ice cream everyday.
Yes, everyday.
I totally failed at my morning workout today as well. I NEEDED the sleep lol. I am glad you are feeling a little better but I wouldn't push yourself and do the 5k yet! Rest up and do the one by your parents house a little further out so you can get healthy quicker!
ReplyDeleteDoes your man work at the same place as you or does he get to tag along?
J.D. and I do the same job at different schools. So we both decided to volunteer at the College World Series, hence the mini vacay before it :) and yeah, I HATE waking up early to workout haha.
ReplyDeleteSent from my iPhone
Besides being sick I'm so happy you guys had such a fun trip!!
ReplyDeleteAnd no 5K this weekend woman! Your body needs some R&R before training starts! ;-)
i have to admit that since giving up lays id be tempted to try the baked kind, especially when if i see this new flavor that the store!!
ReplyDeleteim glad ur feeling better btw, sometimes i go through periods of only sleeping 4-5 hours for a few days and then i have a 'crash' night and wake up groggy..but at least a little better.
omg they have something like maggie moo's on the Ferry when i travel..but theyre called Moo Cows and theyre SO FABULOUS! i always get the choc/vanilla swirl combo!!
<3 xoxo