Sunday, June 13, 2010

First 100º day of the year!

Despite raining until pretty much May, it finally hit 100º this afternoon. Good thing I chose to run in the morning, huh? Although it probably got up to 80 during the hour I was out there.

As for the rest of the day, it included watching baseball (booo A's for getting swept by the Giants of all teams), Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe, moderate packing (still have a bit more to go), cooking, taking Woodstock to the dog park, laundry and then making a slurpee run for Mr. Fox :) I really wanted one too!! I've only had one this year and with it being so hot today, it sounded like a great little snack. But some of the syrups were out (guess I wasn't the only one who had this great idea) and not a single flavor left appealed to me. So I opted for a smoothie instead.

But before I get to that we've been trying to clean out our produce drawer over the past few days since we're leaving very soon! For lunch I suggested making shrimp quesadillas! We also finished off our Natural Tostitos corn tortilla chips and I used up the rest of the avocado for some home-made guacamole.

Home-made guac bar!

I stuffed my whole wheat tortilla with shrimp J.D. marinated in a tequila lime sauce he made. Then of course cheese, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and some salsa. It was delicious and quite filling -- so much that I only ate about 3/4 of the quesadilla. He was a good boy and finished all of his quesadilla.

Oh yeah, check out the mini beverages I had with my lunch haha, so cute!!!! I feel like when I run for distance I am dehydrated all day long. So even though I had this tiny 8 oz. bottle of water, I continued drinking (water) throughout the rest of the day.

After lunch I headed off to the dog park, fingers crossed other people would be there. And when we arrived about three other dogs were at the small dog park and I think only two were in the large dog park. By the time we left, I'd say close to 12 dogs were there! Now that Woodstock has all of his shots we can finally take him there, yaaay. I love this park, it's so cute and clean and everyone there is super friendly. But with the temperature being in the triple digits today, Woody's attention span was pretty short. And I was thiiiirsty. So I snapped some iPhone photos and then went to 7-11 for J.D.'s slurpee and back home to make my smoothie!


When we returned home Woodstock probably drank more water than I did all morning. Then he passed out by the fridge. Big surprise, that is where the AC blasts the most amount of air in our condo.

I'm not really feeling much of a dinner since it's so hot and I've eaten a bunch of filling food already today. Making up for my lack of slurpee, I whipped up a smoothie to continue using everything in the fridge: milk and cherries! So I made up my own Dark Chocolate Cherry Vanilla Smoothie:

  • 12 Rainier cherries
  • 1 c nonfat soy milk
  • 1 t dark chocolate almond spread
  • small handful dried cranberry/cherry mix
  • small handful of dark chocolate chips
  • 1/2 scoop Aria vanilla protein powder
  • leftover frozen grapes
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • ice cubes

Oh my, it was heavenly! I of course topped it with a little bit of whipped cream and some more dried berries/chocolate chips. If you'll notice, I once again drank out of a beer glass today (I promise, 75 percent of these were paid for). This one I got for my birthday along with the special fruit-flavored beer that came with the glass.

For dinner, I'm thinking of using up the bread for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and the last apple in the fridge! I may or may not post tomorrow, since I plan on going to bed suuuuper early. So maybe the next time you guys hear from me, I'll be in a new state!! Awesome, that means I'll get to check off another one of my 101 goals -- with 840 days left to finish the remaining 71 percent of my goals.

Now I think I'm off to FINALLY repaint my nails. It's about dang time.

When was the last time you visited someplace new? What states do you hope to see someday?

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know they made baby Diet Dr Peps! Too cute! And I can't believe it hit 100 today for you. Actually, I do believe it. It must have been close to that here too! Your smoothie sounds awesome. I really like the Aria protein powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want to go to Charleston, South Carolina. It's a really old town with the prettiest buildings and scenery. Kind of a random place but I'm dying to go!!

    Hope you have safe travels dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blueberry pancakes from the earlier post and the smoothie sound amazing! I don't like shrimp though, so the quesadillas would have been great if it wasn't for them.

    I'll be somewhere new in a few days! I've never visited San Francisco before, so I'm excited to see somewhere new. I probably won't have much time for sight seeing because I'm going to see a friend, but I hope to sneak in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still pretty bummed you'll be in CA and I won't!! Horrible timing :) I hope you have a blast!! Go see the sea lions on fishermans wharf they're cute :)

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh. It's 11:34 p.m., and I did so well not to have the Giants-A's score spoiled before Midnight Replay. On game days, I can't look at Twitter or Facebook … and I also can't read your blog.

    Yer dog looks like he feels better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks he's doing well :)

    Now remind me why you don't watch games live?? Haha. At least the outcome was in your favor....

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only really travel in the Midwest, unless I have a conference. I went to New Orleans a year ago. That was cool...best Eggs Benedict.

    I'm trying to travel more.

    That smoothie looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Woodstock is so cute! And that tortilla with the shrimp is to die for.

    ReplyDelete