Like my puppy, I've been sort of groggy today with an overall feeling of just going through the motions. It could be due to Woodstock's lack of sleep and overall discomfort with the cone around his neck. Poor little guy kept me up all night. Well, more like the combination of him moving around and me hacking up a lung. Eventually I fell asleep around 6ish, then slept through my alarm until about 9:30 a.m. Oops.
I told my boss I'd be in late today (he knew about Woody's surgery) and then dozed a bit longer. Then I finally hopped in the shower, braided my hair and assembled some breakfast to bring to work.
Apparently I was in luck the day I went to Trader Joe's -- they just got a first-time shipment in of these little beauties:
Unfortunately, I only bought one. But oooooh my gooooodness, I will be back for more! I topped mine with the last stolen muffin, freshly cut-up mango (has anyone ever cut up mangoes??? that's a chore and a half) and craisins.
I had two decently-sized projects going on at work today to keep me busy until 1 p.m. When I finally reached a good stopping point, I went home to feed Woodstock his first real meal since 10 p.m. the night before his surgery. In case you're wondering, he's doing fine today! He's much more animated and jumpy again -- not too much since I'm supposed to keep him calm -- and he even ate!!
As did I. First, I soothed my throat with some chocolate soy milk... in a "juice box"!!!!
Then I repeated last night's dinner. The microwaved leftovers really weren't pretty, so I'll just show you some photos from dinner. We had peppercorn garlic crusted pork tenderloin, asparagus and rosemary roasted potatoes.
Oh. My. God. I'm not a pork fan (exception being pulled pork), in fact I steer clear of tenderloins and pork chops. But this made me rethink my entire stance!!!!! We plopped it in the oven for 25 minutes and let it do its thang. The result came out being tender and juicy and fulllll of flavor. I'd buy it again!
For dessert after lunch I continued my theme of feeling like a little kid with sliced apples dipped in peanut butter ;) Ah, the simple pleasures in life.
Since I forgot to snap a photo, I leave you with last night's dessert. One of the best things I've had in a loooong time!!!
They're premade sorbets in fruit cups. This one was orange mango in a hollowed out orange. I topped the cups with fresh mango and blueberries. It tasted so fresh and tropical and awesome. My sore throat loved me.... for a little bit anyway. My only regret is that just one cup remains in the freezer.
Anyone with a Costco card want to buy me some new ones?!?!? I'll pay you back, I promise :)
In a couple of minutes I'm actually going to the doctor. J.D. and my coworkers are annoyed concerned with the coughing fits I've been having. One lasted for several minutes last night and left me with strained abdomen muscles. It really sucked, slash, hurt. So I guess I'll go get it checked out just to be on the safe side. I mean, it has been nearly two weeks since I've been sick now.





oh no - hope you (and your pup) feel better soon!!!
ReplyDeletePS - That dessrt looks wonderful :)
oh wow, i hope you feel better soon! and woodstock, too.
ReplyDeletethose fruit sorbet cups look awesome - how cool that they come in a hollowed out fruit!
I hope you are feeling better soon!!
ReplyDeleteI need to get some yogurt parfaits....those look absolutely amazing!!
Sorry you are still sick. :(
ReplyDeleteI hate taking pictures of leftovers. Ugh.
That Trader Joe's yogurt reminds me a lot of Wallaby. Which I am currently obsessed with but it runs over $1 at WF. I just love anything that is mango in general.
ReplyDeleteThat mango parfait yogurt looks phenomenal! As does that fruit at the end! YUM!
ReplyDeleteI love those little "juice boxes" of Silk! Hope you're feeling better soon :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about pork tenderloin... soo good! My ex brought one home from the grocery store once and i looked at him questionably up until we sat down to eat... I'll give him that one. ;)
ReplyDeleteOooh I'm going to need to get to Costco (now that I'm home from school and can bum my mom's card!) REAL soon. That looks soooooooo delish!
ReplyDeleteBoy, you win the prize for most posts since I've been away! As always the food looks great. Hope you and little Woodstock feel better soon!
ReplyDelete